Thursday, March 5, 2009

These first three are out of order, but serve as a warning of my mental state during my time with Maeve.
Dancing across a bridge toward the giant house :)))
Jumping in front of a fountain in celebration that I didn't die on the Ferris Wheel.
I figured this, the greatest picture I've ever posed for, should be toward the front. I always wanted a twin.
Victoria Street in Edinburgh, very pretty!
A view of the incredibly full and colorful vintage clothing store we looked in for a while. We found an Oakland A's jacket varsity jacket there?! Funny...



I'm suprised I was even composed enough to take this picture. Oh Harry Potter, how I love thee. So many summers of my adolescense were devoted to waiting for the next book to come out. AND THIS IS WHERE IT ALL BEGAN, back when JK was a struggling, single mother, annoying the owners of The Elephant House by ordering one cup of coffee and then sitting there writing for hours.


Inside! This is the area where she sat :)

The Scott Monument, in honor of the man who wrote all the stories about cool Scotsmen.

To Nottingham!

The City Hall has lions in front of it. I avoided the security person in order to get this pic.

Maeve somehow convinced me to go on a giant ferris wheel. I temporarily forgot how afraid of heights I actually am. Proof follows.

View of the city. Maeve took the pictures because I was too busy holding on for dear life.

Pretending to enjoy myself... luckily fake smile mode has been programmed into my system since I was three.

City Hall!

Then Maeve became a papparazzi like the true Brit she is...

She did manage to capture the fear I was feeling in this one. Hahaha.
Maeve with her castle in the background. She owns it, just like she owned the Williamsburg Police last year.
We were so excited to make it back to the earthhhh, that we took some jumping pictures!
Then we went to visit Robin Hood!
And flirted with his Merry Men.
I got a lesson from the good Friar.
ROBIN!
Didn't want him to be jealous of the Merry Men and finally make use of the arrow. xxx
Maid Marian and Robin with Richard the Lionheart. Oh love, how precious.

The quaint street near Robin.


To the Castle/Estate! It had a lovely gazebo.
Approaching the estate.

A model of what the Sheriff's Castle used to look like, before it turned to rubble :(
Pretty Green doors... with something explosive behind them?

WILLIAM AND MARY! wooooo.
Dancing in a traditional Polish Dancer's dress. I have no idea why these were in the museum. Probably to amuse children who aren't interested in reading important historical facts. History Major looking like a bad idea right about now...
Climbing the stairs to the second level. I really wanted a room to be set up in the estate as it would have been in the 18th/early 19th century, but is was all just museumy.
More fun in the kid's section!
Back outside.
We took more jumping pictures :)


Hiding in Sherwood Forest...
The only actual part of the Castle that is still standing, along with walls surrounding the drop-off from the estate.
The Oldest Inn in the England! (in case you fail to read the side of the building). It was all part of the Crusades and Pilgrimage trends of the Middle Ages.
Maevey posing.
The walls were cave-like. A little piece fell from the ceiling while we were eating lunch. hahaha.
BEWARE OF THIS CHAIR, LADIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment