Wednesday, February 4, 2009

This is my dorm, St. Salvators Hall, filled with very nice people. My hallmate just offered to lend me clothes if mine don't arrive for a while.
When I walked through these gates, things got very exciting...

The lovely street.

AND THEN I FOUND ST. ANDREWS CASTLE AND LOST MY MIND WITH EXCITEMENT!


so SO so SO so magnificent...

Eventually, I kept walking and found the cathedral... which used to look like this:
And now looks like this:
I also avoided certain perils...
And looked back at the Sea.
I snapped this artsy shot into the cemetery through a whole in the wall...
Iceland apparently shouldn't attack Scotland.
This is the peer, which I didn't walk out on... save it for another day.

Specifically for April- "The Haunted Tower"
I don't know why it's haunted, but I did not look into the creepy opening at the bottom, because I don't really want to find out.
Or climb up those steps, either.
Picture of the cathedral from inside the walls.
Not THE William Wallace, but a William Wallace, nonetheless.

In honor of pirates??
Former Rectors of St. Andrews are clearly very important people.
You can go up that tower for free with a St. Andrews robe that someone already offered to let me borrow when I told them I went for a walk there.

I took a picture of me with the castle- look Kayla, I'm making use of the scarf :) heheheeee.
THEN I FOUND LOTS OF THINGS NAMED FOR THE CASTLE :)))

April and Bonnie, you can tell Uncle Billy I promise to go in there and drink a beer before I come home.
Clearly I'm in Great Britain, in case anyone doubted.
This is the St. Salvator's Quad back on campus, with the chapel there on the right.
Another very lovely building, I think it's an academic building, but not sure which.
Funny light post?
A very promising looking field... which I will eventually walk across... in the right moment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment